Friday, December 17, 2021

Where Are You Christmas?

 



 The Christmas Season is upon us and only 8 days left until the Big day is here. Are you ready for it? Have you bought all the presents your gonna buy for your loved ones and closest friends? Did you manage to get the tree up this year? Or are you like me right now feeling a bit humdrum about the whole thing?


Ill be straight up honest, I have not been feeling very festive this year, the whole year in general has been a bit hit and miss on the seasonal celebrations. Life is moving more quickly than I initially had thought it possibly ever could, the more I try to tackle and do things the more quickly time passes and I am left feeling even more exhausted and tired and it doesnt seem I got anything done. I am certain alot of you folks probably feel that same way. 

What exactly is it? Is it the negative news that keeps bombarding us with its ho hum messages of constant defeat and negativity? Is this cancel culture attitude playing into the way people are treating one another, or Covid and the pressure to vaccinate or not vaccinate.. maybe?What I do know, is that this past year has been a emotionally, spiritually and physically exhausting one for me and my family.. Without to much detail, lets put it this way.. Inconsistent sleep of a 8 month old, constant bickering and very poor less than grateful attitudes from two boys and the deaths of beloved pets, and people have played a big part in the not having a happy happy joy joy kinda year. This year has been more or less a feeling of merely surviving than thriving.. and its quite plain to see... with my lack of Christmas Spirit this year. 

  So this Christmas, I decided to scale back on going all out in the decorating department, and turn the focus on keeping things very simple. I canceled what would have been our 9th year of the Boys Vs Girls Gingerbread Building Contest... I limited the tree decorating to a Let It Snow Theme, and hung up but very little decor and only that which sparked a Let It Snow . As far as gifts are concerned, we are limiting that too.. We typically buy all the kids something to wear, want, need and read.. this year we are making it a "BackYard Fun" Theme.. We decided we will take one of the paddocks, and turn it into an expansion for the back yard. My Mother is gifting the littlest ones with a Play land they can grow with, we are purchasing a tether ball set for the bigger kids, with hopes of having a nice back yard for fun and games for years to come.


In spite of what is going on in our life right now thats caused alot of drama, sorrow and stress..One thing for sure is God is still Good, He Is Still On The Throne, and He Loves You and Me!!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! If it wasn’t for my Christmas loving husband, we would not have decorations yet. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete