Monday, January 17, 2022

A Winter Day(The 5 Senses Of January)

 




The Sense of SIGHT beckons me out the kitchen door window to the back acreage of our little Homestead...the different hues of browns from the earth as the grasses that make up our pasture is in complete dormant, the greys of the bark on trees that have long since passed in days gone bye through drought and fire, the faded green paint of our riding lawn mower as it sits cold next to the red shed.

I can FEEL(Touch) the smoothness of the keyboard as I touch each letter to make up the words I am trying to express here. I feel the coolness of my ceramic mug when I reach to take a sip in what was once a hot cuppa coffee. The roughness of my makeshift computer desk, reminds me that a functional work space doesn't have to be perfect..

I can HEAR my 2 year old little girl, the youngest daughter of my womb whispering to her baby brother in between the sipping of her cup and him responding to her with the babbling I am sure she can only understand. 

I can still SMELL the burnt oatmeal from yesterdays breakfast that the 16 year old attempted to cook and forgot to add the water, while the whiff of a dirty diaper sends my nostrils to turn up my nose.. 

I can TASTE the Coffee I am drinking as I prefer to take it black or with creme..

No comments:

Post a Comment